Roles and Responsibilities of Parents and Their Children
Section 1 Overview
The role of the Children’s Division (CD) is to assure the protection of children by assisting their caregivers in providing a safe and nurturing environment in which children can develop. To accomplish this task, CD partners with families and the community to assure child safety and well-being. This section will explore the role and responsibilities of CD staff, families, and community partners as we work together to protect children from abuse and/or neglect, promote child well being, and achieve permanency.
Chapter 2 Overview
This chapter will discuss the rights and responsibilities of the birth parent(s) and their child(ren).
Table of Contents
- 2.1 Introduction to the Rights and Responsibilities of the Birth Parent(s) and their Child(ren)
- 2.2 Rights of Birth Parent(s)
- 2.3 Responsibilities of Birth Parent(s)
- 2.4 Rights of Child(ren)
- 2.5 Responsibilities of Child(ren)
- 2.6 The Know Your Rights Brochure (CS-132)
- 2.7 Handling of Communications for Children in Out-of-Home Care
- 2.8 Client’s Right to Insert a Statement into His/Her Case Record