Record Retention and Expungement
Section 5 Overview
This section describes the manner in which case records are composed, maintained, and expunged. This section also explores a person’s access to records and case transfer procedures.
The following guidelines relate to the sharing of confidential information maintained by the Division. Staff shall share confidential information using the guidelines provided for the specific type of information sought.
For policy regarding a client’s right to insert a statement into his/her record, see related subject below:
Chapter 4 Overview
This chapter describes how long records are to be retained as well as time frames for expungement.
Table of Contents
- 4.1 CA/N Reports
- 4.2 Retention and Destruction - Other Records
- 4.2.1 Removing Extraneous Material from the Record at Closure
- 4.2.2 Removing Criminal History from Records
- 4.2.3 Family-Centered Services (FCS) Case Records
- 4.2.4 Family-Centered Out-of-Home Care Case (FCOOHC) Records
- 4.2.5 Foster/Relative Resource Records
- 4.2.6 Potential Adoptive Resource Records
- 4.2.7 Adoption Records
- 4.2.8 Legal Guardianship Subsidy Records
- 4.2.9 Residential Child Care and Child Placing Licensing Records