Direct Deposit Application
Frequently Asked Questions About Direct Deposit
- How secure and reliable is direct deposit?
- Direct deposit is very safe and reliable. It allows money to be electronically transferred from the Family Support Payment Center's or the State of Missouri, Division of Finance and Administrative Services' bank account to your bank account. Direct deposit eliminates the possibility of lost or stolen checks. With direct deposit, there are no mail delays and no check cashing fees to pay.
- Can I receive all of my child support payments by direct deposit?
- All support payments you receive from the Family Support Payment Center and the State of Missouri, Division of Finance and Administrative Services may be sent to you by direct deposit.
- When will the support payment be available in my bank account?
- In most cases, funds will be available in your bank account two to three business days after the payment is received at the Family Support Payment Center. It may take longer if the Division of Finance and Administrative Services processes the payment or your bank is located in another state.
- Will I be notified when money is deposited in my account?
- You will not receive a notice each time a payment is deposited to your account. You can verify that a payment was received by calling the Payment Information Line at 1–800–225–0530 or accessing payments online. Many banks also have customer information lines available that allow you to verify deposits made to your account.