Family Support Division
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
Information for EBT Cardholders
- Using your EBT Card at an ATM (Automatic Teller Machine)
- Insert your card.
- Enter your PIN and press ENTER.
- Select WITHDRAWAL.
- Select CHECKING.
- Enter the dollar amount and select CORRECT or CANCEL.
- Take your cash.
- When asked if you would like another transaction, select NO.
- Take your card and receipt.
These steps may be different for each type of ATM.
You can use an ATM to access your cash benefits only. If you only have food stamp benefits, your card will not work in an ATM.
- Using your EBT Card at a Point of Sale (POS) Terminal
- Either you or the cashier helping you will slide your card through the terminal.
- Then, either you or the cashier will enter the withdrawal amount.
- Check the amount that shows in the display window. If the amount is correct, enter your PIN. If the amount is not correct, do not enter your PIN. Let the clerk know it is wrong.
Do not tell the clerk your PIN!
- Reporting a Lost, Stolen or Damaged Card
If your card is lost, stolen, or damaged, call your eligibility specialist or 1-800-997-7777 to cancel your card. A replacement will be mailed within 3 to 5 days.
- Security and Care of your Card
- Do not throw your card away.
- Do not bend or fold your card.
- Never lend your card to anyone; your benefits will not be replaced.
- Keep your card clean, but do not wash it or get it wet.
- Keep the magnetic stripe on the back of your card clean and free from scratches.
- Keep the card away from magnets, TVs, stereos, VCRs, or microwaves.
- Keep your card out of direct sunlight.
- Store your card in a purse or wallet or a safe place.
- Know your balance.
- Security and Care of your PIN
Protect your PIN. If someone knows your PIN and uses your card, your benefits will not be replaced. If you think that someone knows your PIN, change your PIN by calling Customer Service at 1-800-997-7777.You should:
- Keep your PIN a secret.
- Memorize your PIN.
- Do not write your PIN on your card.
- Do not let anyone see your PIN as you enter it at the terminal, even a store cashier.
- Checking EBT Card and Benefits on the WEB
Online at ebtEDGE.com, you can
- Check your food stamp or cash balance,
- Check which benefits were spent,
- Get help with using your EBT card,
- And more.
- Click on Cardholder.
- Type in the Card Number, press LOGIN.
- Enter your PIN, press CONTINUE.
- Follow the easy instructions.
Contact your eligibility specialist for help.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service (FNS)
- eFunds (Review Balance and Transactions)
- QUEST Operating Rules
- Reporting Fraud
- DSS - FSD Food Stamps
- “Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT)” pamphlet (PDF)
Customer Service Number: 1-800-997-7777