Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
The Missouri Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) has two components: Energy Assistance/Regular Heating (EA) and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP). EA is designed to provide financial assistance to help pay heating bills for Missourians during the months of October, November, December, January, February, and March. Eligibility requirements for EA are based on income, household size, available resources and responsibility for payment of home heating costs. Eligibility for EA may also qualify individuals for additional financial assistance through ECIP.
Who Is Eligible?
Households that meet income guidelines based on household size. Caseworkers in Contracted Agencies provide information concerning requirements. The agency providing services for your area can be located on the Contracted Agencies link and by selecting the residential county on the map.
- Heating & Cooling Assistance Application updated 09/15/15
- Heating & Cooling Assistance Instructions updated 09/21/15
- Energy Supplier On-Line Access (authorization required)
- Agency On-Line Access (authorization required)
- LIHEAP Brochure
- LIHEAP Manual updated 9/23/14(size=4.71MB)
LIHEAP State Plan
- 2016 LIHEAP Model State Plan updated 10/26/2015
Links to Other Energy Assistance Internet Resources:
- Missouri Community Action Network
- U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services LIHEAP
- Missouri Department of Economic Development, Division of Energy (https://www.ded.mo.gov/energy/)