MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women and Newborns
This is the state’s MO HealthNet program for pregnant women and newborns. This program provides healthcare coverage, including sixty-day postpartum coverage, for pregnant women whose family income does not exceed 185% of the federal poverty level for their household size. Once eligible, the coverage continues through the postpartum period despite subsequent increases in income.
Children born to a woman eligible for and receiving MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women or other MO HealthNet health care coverage on the date of the infant’s birth continue to be eligible for MO HealthNet coverage throughout the first year of life as long as the child remains in the mother’s home and maintains Missouri residence.
Who Is Eligible?
- who is pregnant and provides pregnancy verification;
- who applies for a social security number for herself;
- who lives in Missouri and intends to remain;
- who is a United States citizen or an eligible qualified non-citizen; and
- whose net family income for household size does not exceed 196% of the federal poverty level. For purposes of this program, the pregnant woman is counted as two people (mother and unborn child).
|Family Size||Income Limit*|
|*Income limits in effect on April 1, 2014.|
For information regarding medical coverage included with MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women and Newborns, see Medical Services-MO HealthNet.