Roles and Responsibilities of Community Partners
Section 1 Overview
The role of the Children’s Division (CD) is to assure the protection of children by assisting their caregivers in providing a safe and nurturing environment in which children can develop. To accomplish this task, CD partners with families and the community to assure child safety and well-being. This section will explore the roles and responsibilities of CD staff, families, and community partners as we work together to protect children from abuse and/or neglect, promote child well being, and achieve permanency.
Chapter 4 Overview
This chapter pertains to the roles and responsibilities of community partners in the prevention and protection of children from child abuse and neglect. Community resources and Children’s Division (CD) are to collaborate in providing support, assistance, and services to children and families. This collaboration is to result in the comprehensive identification of local services and assure access to those services for children and families where there is a risk of abuse or neglect.
Table of Contents
- 4.1 Roles and Responsibilities of Law Enforcement
- 4.2 Roles and Responsibilities of Juvenile or Family Courts
- 4.3 Roles and Responsibilities of Schools and Institutions of Higher Learning
- 4.4 Roles and Responsibilities of Community Agencies and Service Organizations
- 4.5 Roles and Responsibilities of Health and Mental Health Care Professionals
- 4.6 Roles and Responsibilities of the Faith Community
- 4.7 Roles and Responsibilities of the Medical Examiner/Coroner