Newborn Crisis Assessment
Section 2 Overview
Section 2 focuses on intake, or the point of entry for a family. The information in this section will assist staff in understanding the procedures throughout the entire intake process, from initial contact with the Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline Unit (CANHU), through the process of an investigation or family assessment. Completing a thorough family assessment or investigation will help staff identify the service needs of the family.
Chapter 6 Overview
This chapter contains information pertaining to Newborn Crisis Assessment referrals and the process county staff members should follow in response.
Table of Contents
- 6.1 The Children’s Division’s Role in Drug-Involved Cases
- 6.2 “Newborn Crisis Assessments”
- 6.3 DHSS/CD Service Coordination
- 6.4 Sharing of Information between DHSS and CD
- 6.5 Closing Cases Referred by Physicians/Health Care Providers
- 6.6 Signs/Symptoms of Drug Withdrawal