Safety Analysis and Risk Assessment
Section 2 Overview
Section 2 focuses on intake, or the point of entry for a family. The information in this section will assist staff in understanding the procedures throughout the entire intake process, from initial contact with the Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline Unit (CANHU), through the process of an investigation or family assessment. Completing a thorough family assessment or investigation will help staff identify the service needs of the family.
Chapter 9 Overview
This chapter discusses the differences between the assessment of safety and the assessment of risk and outlines procedure for assessing both.
Table of Contents
- 9.1 Safety Intervention
- 9.2 Safety Assessment
- 9.2.1 Safety Assessment Flow
- 9.2.2 Present Danger
- 9.2.3 Protective Actions
- 9.2.4 Information Collection
- 9.2.5 Assessment and Analysis of Safety Components
- 9.3 Safety Planning
- 9.3.1 Safety Plan (CD-18)
- 9.3.2 A case may not be closed if a vulnerable child is unsafe based on safety threshold criteria.
- 9.3.3 Safety Plan Evaluation
- 9.3.4 Safety Plan Re-assessment, Readjustment or Modification of Current Safety Interventions
- 9.3.5 Closing out a Safety Plan
- 9.3.6 Supervisor Safety Plan Approval Process
- 9.3.7 Information for Parent/Caregiver on the Back of the CD-18 Safety Plan
- 9.3.8 Managing Multiple Safety Plans
- 9.4 Assessment of Risk
- 9.5 Risk Re-assessment (CS-16E)