Special Populations – Native American and Refugee
Section 4 Overview
This section pertains to the policy and procedures necessary when an out-of-home placement of a child is imminent or has occurred.
Chapter 19 Overview
This chapter describes additional procedures to use when there is an out-of-home placement of Native American (Indian) or refugee children.
Table of Contents
- 19.1 Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 (P. L. 95-608) – (ICWA)
- 19.2 Native American Child Services
- 19.3 Determining Child’s Indian Status
- 19.4 Procedures for Refugee and Cuban/Haitian Unaccompanied Minor Placement Program
- 19.4.1 Program Requirements and Procedures
- 19.5 U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Issues