Help with Your Child Care Costs
We may be able to help you with the cost of child care so you can focus on supporting your family's needs. We can help pay for the child care that fits your schedule, including days, evenings, and weekends.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for help if you are the parent or guardian of a child under age 13 (or a child with special needs) and you are:
- Employed or searching for work
- Attending school
- Participating in job training or a placement program
- Receiving services from the Children's Division
NOTE: Eligibility does not guarantee immediate benefits
How do I get help?
Complete these three simple steps to see if you are eligible for help with your child care costs:
You can apply for child care assistance online or by printing and filling out a paper application:
- Apply online
- Download & print, or scan application (aplicación Español) - You must use Adobe Reader
You can submit your completed form(s) in one of these ways:
- Online: mydssupload.mo.gov
- Mail: Family Support Division
P.O. Box 2700
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Fax: 573-526-9400
- If required, we will contact you for an interview after we get your application
- You must complete this interview before we can approve your application
When will I know if I'm approved?
The Family Support Division will process your application and any supporting documentation as soon as they receive it. Once your application is processed, you will get a letter within 15 days that let’s you know if you are eligible for child care assistance or not.
If you are approved, there are a few more things you will need to do.
- Missouri DESE - Office of Childhood
- Manage my child care benefit
- Verification Documents
- Child Care Sliding Fee Chart
- Services for children with special needs
- Child Care Subsidy Brochure (English) (Español)
- Information on Child Immunizations
- How to Appoint an Authorized Representative (English) (Español)
- Appoint an Authorized Representative (English) (Español)