What is the Emergency Solutions Grant?
The Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) provides funding to cities, counties, and non-profit agencies to help their home-less populations through a competitive grant process. The Department administers the ESG in partnership with the Mis-souri Housing Development Commission (MHDC), Office of Community Initiatives.
What services are available?
Services through the ESG are meant to help prevent homelessness, or help with issues that may come up when some-one is homeless. Some examples include:
- Street outreach & offering shelter or rapid re-housing services
- Funding to help homeless shelters and case managers offer essential services (ex. transportation, healthcare, job training, child care, etc.)
- Help with finding housing, placement, and housing stability
- Payment support to help people find and keep a home (ex. rent, utilities, security deposits, moving costs, legal costs, credit repair, etc.)
- 2018-2019 Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Applications and Forms
- FY 2018-2022 CDBG Consolidated Plan and 2018 Action Plan
- Missouri Housing Development Commission, Community Initiatives
- Missouri Continuum of Care
- Missouri Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence
- Office of Community Assistance
- Department of Mental Health Housing Team
- MO Homeless Shelters & Social Services for the Needy
- Missouri Community Action Network