MO HealthNet for Kids
The MO HealthNet (Medicaid) for Families provides medical care for children under 19 years of age whose family income falls within certain guidelines.
How do I get help?
After your application has been processed, you will receive a letter from the Family Support Division. If you are eligible for services, you will be issued a “MO HealthNet Identification Card,” and explanation of the medical services available to you. For information regarding medical coverage included with MO HealthNet for Kids, see Medical Services-MO HealthNet.
There is no cash grant with this program.
Already applied for MO HealthNet? Check the status of your application.
Who is eligible?
- who is under 19 years of age;
- who applies for a social security number;
- who lives in Missouri;
- who is a United States citizen or an eligible qualified non-citizen (NOTE: receipt of MO HealthNet benefits does NOT subject qualified non-citizens to public charge consideration, see a full list of benefits not subject to public charge consideration);
- the parent must cooperate with Child Support Enforcement (CSE) in the pursuit of medical support; and
- whose countable family income meets the income guidelines below
MO HealthNet for Kids Non-SCHIP (State Children’s Health Insurance Plan)
Children (regardless of insurance status) are eligible if monthly family Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) does not exceed the following:
- 196% FPL for children under age 1
- 148% FPL for ages 1-18
MO HealthNet for Kids (SCHIP)
Children with monthly family MAGI above the limits referenced above may be eligible under the State Children’s Health Insurance Program if the following criteria are met:
- Uninsured children whose family MAGI is over the above limits but under 150% FPL, may be eligible for non-premium coverage.
- Uninsured children whose family MAGI is over 150% FPL up to 300% FPL may be eligible for premium coverage;
- Children in families with gross income over 150% FPL cannot have access to affordable health insurance (from $75 to $189 per month, based on family size and income) and the family must pay a monthly premium. Premium amounts change July of each year. The premium is based on family size and income to insure that no family pays more than 5% of their income for coverage. View the Premium Schedules
Families in certain areas of the state will choose coverage through a health plan; others will receive services from MO HealthNet approved providers. View Health Plan Service Providers For Your Region
Additional Program Information
- MO HealthNet for Kids
- Family Healthcare Program Descriptions
- Income Guidelines for MO HealthNet for Kids (MHK), MO HealthNet for Families (MHF) and Temporary Assistance
Voter Registration Application
If you wish to register to vote, please download and complete the Voter Registration Form and return it to your local FSD office. This has no impact on your application or continued eligibility for assistance.