0920.010.35.15 Budget Procedure MC+ NON-CHIP (MC+)
Determine income eligibility for MC+ non-CHIP as follows:
- Establish the assistance group:
- Compare the gross income (less overhead expenses only) of the assistance group to 185% of the appropriate federal poverty level (FPL) for the family size. The appropriate FPL depends on the age of the children:
- for children six or over, use 185% of 100% of the FPL;
- for children one through six, use 185% of 133% of the FPL;
- for children under one, use 185% of 185% of the FPL; or
- for groups with children in more than one age group, first use 185% of 100%; if not eligible, use 185% of 133%; if not eligible, use 185% of 185%.
- If step 2 shows gross income eligibility, compare the net income of the assistance group to the appropriate FPL for their family size, depending on the age of the children.
If applicable, allow the MAF standards for work expense and childcare, overhead expenses, and income exclusions. If the person received MAF or MC+ in one of the four previous months allow the $30 and 1/3 of income disregard when applicable. Allow the $30 disregard if applicable.
- If step 3 shows eligibility and earnings exist, complete a third budget allowing the $30 and 1/3 of income disregard or the $30 disregard, if either apply.
- If eligibility is shown in steps 2, 3, and 4, the children are eligible for MC+ Non-CHIP based on need.
NOTE: The provisions of (1) receipt of the $30 and 1/3 disregard for four consecutive months and (2) off MAF assistance for 12 consecutive months apply.
When an MAF claimant who received the $30 plus 1/3 disregard for four consecutive months applies for another MC+ Family Healthcare program, do not allow the $30 plus 1/3 disregard again unless the claimant has been off assistance for 12 months.