0815.065.00 INDIVIDUALS UNDER AGE 18 IN AN INSTITUTION FOR THE Intellectually Disabled OR NURSING FACILITY
IM-59 June 25, 2015, IM-#33, March 29, 2012
If a child under the age of 18 enters an institution for the developmentally disabled (IMR) or a nursing facility (NF), the eligibility determination procedure will depend on whether the child is disabled.
If the child is disabled:
- Determine eligibility using MO HealthNet for Disabled Children (MHDC) criteria. See Section 0805.020.00.
- If the child meets the definition of living with his/her parent at the time s/he entered the facility (expected to remain in the facility for 30 days or less):
- Deem the resources of the parent(s) when determining eligibility.
- Deem the income of the parents) according to Section 0805.020.15 when completing the surplus computation.
- If the disabled child was not living with his/her parent at the time s/he entered the facility (expected to remain in the facility for more than 30 days):
- Consider only the individual child's (and their spouse's) resources when determining eligibility. Do not deem the resources of the parents.
- Do not deem the income of the parent(s) when completing the surplus determination.
If the child is not disabled:
- Determine eligibility using MO HealthNet for Families (MHF) criteria (See Section 0905.000.00) or MO HealthNet for Kids (MHK) criteria (See Section 0920.000.00).
- When completing the surplus determination, do not include the parent's income.