| This memorandum is another in a series, discussed in Memorandum IM-#83, dated September 08, 2004. This memorandum explains changes made to FAMIS for Temporary Assistance implementation. The JOBS system will be converted into FAMIS at the same time as Temporary Assistance eligibility. Case management information will be available in the FAMIS controlled flow and maintenance. The differences between case management in the current system (Legacy) and FAMIS are outlined below.
CASE MANAGEMENT CONVERSION ISSUES
During conversion, component activity codes will be changed from numerical to alpha codes as follows:
|LEGACY ||FAMIS ||COMPONENT ACTIVITY|
|01 ||AST ||ASSESSMENT AND SELF SUFFICIENCY PACT|
|02 ||GED ||GED TEST|
|04 ||VOC ||VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING|
|05 ||JBR ||JOB READINESS ACTIVITIES|
|07 ||JBS ||JOB SEARCH |
|08 ||OJT ||ON-THE-JOB TRAINING (OJT)|
|11 ||CON ||CONCILIATION|
|12 ||CWP ||COMMUNITY WORK EXPERIENCE |
|13 ||EMP ||UNSUBSIDIZED PAID EMPLOYMENT/PAID
|18A ||AEL ||AEL, HS EQUIVALENCY AND/OR REMEDIAL
|18B ||ESL ||ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE|
|18C ||JHI ||JUNIOR HIGH |
|18D ||HIS || HIGH SCHOOL |
|19 ||TSA || TREATMENT/SUPPORT ACTIVITY|
|20 ||REF ||REFUGEE/RESETTLEMENT AGENCY|
|21D ||WGS ||WAGE SUPPLEMENTATION|
Component activity codes that have previously been made obsolete (03, 06, 09, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21A, 21B, 21C and 99) will NOT be converted to the FAMIS system for history. These components can be retrieved, if necessary, by contacting the Temporary Assistance Unit.
COMPONENT ACTIVITY SCREEN
The Component Activity (FM8B) screen captures the work requirement code, exemption, exclusion, extension reason, and component activities for the payee and second parent. Information for Grandparents as Foster Parents (GAFP) and non-needy Non-Parent Caretaker Relative adults will not be entered on the Component Activity (FM8B) screen. The following are a few changes you will see in FAMIS:
- Exempt, excluded, and extension reasons are captured in separate fields.
- A re-evaluation date field is added for exclusions. FAMIS generates a reminder to staff 20 days before the re-evaluation date, allowing time to complete a review of the case.
- Component activities cannot be opened for an individual in application status.
- All component activities remain on the screen whether opened or closed. A component activity cannot be typed over and history is retained.
- In FAMIS maintenance, a component filter field is available. This allows the worker to see the dates during which an individual participated in any specific component activity.
- A comment field is located on the Component Activity screen to record information regarding an individual's work requirement code, exemption, exclusion, extension reason, and/or component activities. Comments are recorded for the person and are not related to a specific component activity.
TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PAYMENT
The Temporary Assistance Supportive Services Payment (FM6K) screen is developed to issue case management supportive services. The following are a few changes you will see in FAMIS:
- Supportive service payments are linked to a specific component. A component is listed for all supportive services issued.
- This screen allows the worker to see the breakdown of supportive services [i.e: Transportation Reimbursement Expense (TRE), Transportation Reimbursement Expense for more than forty-five (45) miles (FRE) and Work Related Expenses (WRE)] to be issued per payroll.
- Bus passes are not recorded in the system. (A policy change is forthcoming regarding bus passes.)
- FAMIS tracks and displays twelve (12) months WRE for the individual.
- FAMIS requires the provider's name to be listed on the screen for WRE payments paid through SAM II.
A user guide is developed for the Temporary Assistance Supportive Services Payment (FM6K) screen. A user guide for the Component Activity screen is being developed and will be available upon completion.