|TO:||ALL COUNTY OFFICES|
|FROM:||JANEL R. LUCK, DIRECTOR|
Effective immediately, EUs subject to simplified reporting rules now have to report a change in address. EUs do not have to report changes in shelter expenses or EU composition related to this change. When a simplified reporting EU reports an address change do not ask about the subsequent change in expenses or EU composition. Enter the new address in FAMIS and record a comment in the Eligibility Unit Member Role (EUMEMROL or FM3Z) screen.
If the EU moves and does not notify the county of the new address, no adverse action is taken. However, if the notice of expiration is not received by the EU and the EU applies after the end of the certification period, benefits will be prorated from the date of application, following normal policy. If mail is returned to the county office indicating the EU moved and there is no known forwarding address, follow policy at 1140.025.10.05 Exemptions to Notice of Adverse Action. THIS STATEMENT IS OBSOLETED BY MEMORANDUM IM 91, DATED DECEMBER 28, 2009.
The FA-544 Food Stamp Change Report form has been revised to include address changes as a change that is required to be reported.
The Food Stamp Manual sections discussing simplified reporting policy are revised to include this policy change, and make formatting changes. These changes are:
- 1140.005.00 - Added the policy change that address changes are now required to be reported and reformatted to bullet all changes that are required to be reported.
- 1140.005.18 - Added the policy that address changes are now required to be reported.
- 1140.005.20 - Removed the link to address changes as a change that is not required to be reported. Added the link to 1140.005.20.70 Individual Moves to a Nursing Home that was previously left off.
- 1140.005.20.55 - Removed this section.
The IM-4FS/SR Reporting Changes for the Food Stamp Program pamphlet is being revised to include this change in policy. Staff will be notified when the pamphlet is available. Until the revised pamphlet is available, write in address changes on the inside middle section under "What changes do I have to report for my food stamp case?"
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.