- ALL COUNTY OFFICES
- VALERIE J. DAVIS, ACTING DIRECTOR
- SSA, SSI, RR, VA STIMULUS PAYMENTS
On February 17, 2009, the President signed into law the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). The Act contains changes that affect the Child Care, Food Stamp, MO HealthNet, and Temporary Assistance Programs. A series of memoranda will be provided to advise staff of changes to the programs. This memorandum addresses stimulus payments being made to individuals who receive Social Security (SSA), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Railroad Retirement (RR), and Veteran’s benefits (VA).
A one time payment of $250 will be made to individuals who received SSA, SSI, RR, or VA benefits for any of the three months prior to the enactment of the ARRA. The payments will be made within 120 days of February 17, 2009.
The one time payment of $250 is excluded income for the Child Care, Food Stamp, MO HealthNet, and Temporary Assistance Programs. To enter this one time payment in FAMIS, staff must:
- enter the payment as a separate income using the appropriate source code
on the Income (FMX0) screen:
- SSA - source code SS
- SSI - source code SI
- Railroad Retirement - source code RR
- Veteran’s benefits - source code VA
- enter the begin date as the date the payment was received and enter the end date as the same date, with reason end code ZZ (other); and
- n the Income Amount (FMX3) screen, enter the information as normal, but enter N in the Include (Y/N) field.
Record information concerning the one time $250 SSA, SSI, RR, or VA payment in the case record for MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled spend down, Non spend down, and Vendor, Ticket to Work Health Assurance (TWHA), Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB), Specified Low Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB AND SLMB-2) and Qualified Disabled Working Individuals (QDWI), Blind Pension, Supplemental Aid to the Blind, and Supplemental Nursing Care cases, but do not enter this payment into IMU5.
The $250 payment is also excluded as an asset for nine months following the receipt of the payment.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.