CHILDREN’s SERVICES PROGRAM
CHAPTER 3 - CASE MANAGEMENT
Upon receipt of the signed application, the Children’s Specialist will open the case in application status and evaluate the child to determine if he/she meets the eligibility criteria in Chapter 2. An authorization may be written while the case is in application status prior to eligibility only for purposes of examinations necessary for eligibility purposes.
If the child meets eligibility criteria, the Children’s Specialist will proceed with opening the case (See "OPENING" below).
If the child fails to meet the eligibility criteria, the Children’s Specialist will follow the guidance in Chapter 2 - Ineligibility (above).
Upon completion of the determination of eligibility, the Children’s Specialist will open a CS case by;
1. Establishing a case record in the District Office, and;
2. Forwarding a completed (DEMOGRAPHIC) form to State Office, and;
3. Notifying the client and his/her parent, guardian or legal caretaker in writing of the eligibility decision
The Children’s Specialist will conduct a review of the service plan contained in the narrative section of the case record on (at minimum) an annual basis. This review will be annotated in the narrative section of the case record. Reviews may be conducted at any time, but should also be annotated in the narrative section of the case record.
1. The Children’s Specialist will close the case record of a child at any point when:
A. The child moves out of the state of Missouri or is otherwise unavailable
B. The child is no longer visually eligible for the CS program
C. The child has an open Vocational Rehabilitation case with a completed Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE)
D. The child is no longer eligible for services under IDEA (over age 21 or completion of the educational year in which he/she turns 21.
E. Appropriate planned services are completed, expenditures have been completed, and additional Children’s services are not needed
2. The Children’s Specialist will forward a completed (DEMOGRAPHIC) form to State Office, and will notify the client and his/her parent, guardian or legal caretaker in writing of the closure decision. This notice will include notification of the client’s appeal rights.
Next | TOC