The Show-Me Home program helps eligible Missourians who are age 63 or older or adults who are physically disabled live more independently by:
- Allowing them to choose where they live and get helpful services
- Helping them move out of a nursing facility and transition to living independently in their community
- Providing them with person-centered, high-quality services in the community
The Show-Me Home team will also be available to work with you every step of the way, from the planning process, to finding housing, to applying for community support, and setting up your new home.
To get help through Show-Me Home, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a physical disability or be at least 63 years old
- Be eligible for or currently have Missouri Medicaid (MO HealthNet) before moving out of a nursing facility
- Have lived in a nursing facility for at least 60 days (NOTE: If you have Medicare, other requirements may apply)
- Able to move into a home that is leased or owned by you or a family member, or move to residential housing with no more than four people living the house
Follow these steps to see if you can get help through Show-Me Home:
Contact a team member in your regional office:
- Region 1 (Southwest): 417-895-5789
- Region 2 (Southeast): 573-290-5150
- Region 3 (St. Louis): 314-340-7495
- Region 4 (Northwest): 816-889-2724
- Region 5 (Central): 573-751-6098
- You will schedule a time for one of our team members to meet with you to talk about Show-Me Home and your options
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your specific needs, independence goals, and living in the community
If you are interested in Show-Me Home, we will check to make sure you qualify:
- If you qualify, you will sign a form agreeing to participate in the program for one year
- If you do not qualify for help, we will go over other supports that may be available to you
If you are approved for help, you will participate in Show-Me Home for one year. Once your time with Show-Me Home is completed, you will continue to get help through home and community based services and supports through MO HealthNet as long as you are eligible.
Learn more about how Show-Me Home has helped individuals lead more independent lives in the community.