MO HealthNet Provider Hot Tip of the Week
Dual Eligible Hospice Participants
April 21, 2014
Participants who are eligible for both Medicare and MO HealthNet at the time of hospice election must simultaneously elect the hospice benefit for both programs. Electing both Medicare and MO HealthNet Hospice benefits enables MO HealthNet to avoid duplication of payments for services covered under the Medicare Hospice benefit.
If a participant’s MO HealthNet eligibility begins, or the Hospice becomes aware of the participant’s MO HealthNet eligibility after Medicare hospice benefits have been elected, providers must complete the informational portion of the MO HealthNet Hospice Election Statement and attach a copy of the Medicare election form indicating the original election date. The signature(s) and dates on the Medicare election may be used as verification of the participant’s election date, and consent to use Hospice benefits when attached to the MO HealthNet Hospice Election Statement. The Hospice must submit these forms to MHD.
For more information on MO HealthNet’s Hospice program, providers can reference Section 13 of the Mo HealthNet hospice manual and MO HealthNet Hospice Election Statement.
2014 Archived Hot Tips
- Delivery and Placement Dates Versus Date of Service
- HIPPA-Related Code Lists
- Double-Check Your Faxes
- Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance Notification to Providers
- Do you want your claims to pay after October 1, 2014? Take the ICD-10 Clinical Survey Challenge Today!
- Provider Addresses Must Be Kept Current
- When to Contact Wipro Provider Communications
- MO HealthNet Medicaid Program Webinars
- Using the Timely Filing Tab To Correct Claims
- Reason Codes on Denial of Claims
- ICD-10 Educational Series by Conference Call
- Planning for and Implementing ICD-10
- ICD-10—It’s Not Just for MO HealthNet Providers
- Diabetes Self-Management Training Services
- About ICD-10
Older Archived Hot Tips
The MO HealthNet Division provides weekly tips to providers to assist them in receiving timely reimbursement for services provided. As each new tip is posted, existing ones are archived on the same site for easy reference. Please share these weekly tips with your billing staff.