MO HealthNet Provider Hot Tip of the Week
CMS Hosts ICD-10 Webcast Series
August 25, 2014
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently announced the official compliance date of October 1, 2015, for implementation of the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Edition (ICD-10). ICD-10 will have an effect on all medical and hospital claims that contain a diagnosis, and will be required for all providers covered by the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). All healthcare professionals and facilities must be aggressively involved and develop a plan of action in order to be successful. The goal is for providers to identify resources and training needs in order to build a training plan. Preparation and planning will help reduce the risk of nonpayment for services provided on or after the ICD-10 implementation date of October 1, 2015.
CMS, in collaboration with physicians, has organized an ICD-10 webcast series to benefit providers during this time of transition to the new code set. The “Road to 10” tool is accessible through the CMS website and covers the history of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), the benefits of ICD-10, clinical documentation tips, coding concepts, clinical scenarios, as well as a training calendar.
Visit the CMS ICD-10 website for further information on ICD-10 preparedness and to sign up for the “Road to 10” webcast series today.
Archived Hot Tips
2014 Hot Tips
- Behavioral Health Telehealth Services
- Billing for Multiple Surgical Procedures
- Bundled Value Code - Medicare UB-04 Part A Institutional Claims
- Provider Participation page
- Scheduled Webinars for Listed Claim Types
- Claims Processing and Payment Schedule for Fiscal Year 2015
- Contacting the Provider Education Unit
- Hospital Medical Record Documentation
- Reasons some Crossover Claims do not Process Automatically
- Benefit Matrix
- Temporary Assistance for Pregnant Women Benefits and Limitations for Hospital
- B. Ray Storm, DDS, MBA, MO HealthNet Dental Director
- Durable Medical Equipment Prior Authorizations
- Participant Administrative Lock-In
- Nursing Facilities and Patient Surplus
- Dual Eligible Hospice Participants
- Delivery and Placement Dates Versus Date of Service
- HIPPA-Related Code Lists
- Double-Check Your Faxes
- Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance Notification to Providers
- Do you want your claims to pay after October 1, 2014? Take the ICD-10 Clinical Survey Challenge Today!
- Provider Addresses Must Be Kept Current
- When to Contact Wipro Provider Communications
- MO HealthNet Medicaid Program Webinars
- Using the Timely Filing Tab To Correct Claims
- Reason Codes on Denial of Claims
- ICD-10 Educational Series by Conference Call
- Planning for and Implementing ICD-10
- ICD-10—It’s Not Just for MO HealthNet Providers
- Diabetes Self-Management Training Services
- About ICD-10
The MO HealthNet Division provides weekly tips to providers to assist them in receiving timely reimbursement for services provided. As each new tip is posted, existing ones are archived on the same site for easy reference. Please share these weekly tips with your billing staff.