MO HealthNet Provider Hot Tip of the Week
Securing and Protection of Health Information
February 9, 2015
Please protect and secure health information.
Tips for Protecting Protected Health Information (PHI):
- Do not leave PHI, such as reports, claims, medical documentation, and other sensitive information, in a car.
- Double-check fax numbers. Faxing is secure, when it is sent to the correct fax number.
- If you maintain PHI on a flash drive, ensure the drive is encrypted to prevent unauthorized access.
- Shred PHI when it is no longer needed. Double-check to ensure PHI is going in the shred container
Archived Hot Tips
2015 Hot Tips
- Reporting Sequestration for Medicare Part C Plans
- Denture Coverage Reminders
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Influenza Vaccines Updates for Vaccines for Children
- Additional Services Available through the MO Tobacco Quitline
- Provider Manuals
- Behavioral Health Cyber Access
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
The MO HealthNet Division provides weekly tips to providers to assist them in receiving timely reimbursement for services provided. As each new tip is posted, existing ones are archived on the same site for easy reference. Please share these weekly tips with your billing staff.