MO HealthNet Provider Hot Tip of the Week
Coverage for Pregnant Women
The purpose of this hot tip is to provide further clarification on allowable ME codes for physicians providing obstetrical services to Medicaid Pregnant Women (MPW).
In addition to the commonly used ME 18, ME 43, ME 44, ME 45, and ME 61, the following ME Codes are also allowable for payment:
- MHF Adults: ME 05 (but limited dental benefit)
- MHABD: ME 13 (but limited dental benefit)
- MHF Children: ME 06 (full range of dental benefits)
- CHIP: ME 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 (full range of dental benefits)
If you are providing care to a patient with one of these ME codes (as well as many others) and they subsequently become pregnant, the obstetrical services you provide to them will be covered by Medicaid.
By changing the adult designation to one of the MPW ME codes listed above, it will provide the full range of dental benefits to pregnant adults.
Archived Hot Tips
2015 Hot Tips
- Behavioral Health Precertifications
- Documentation for Offer to Counsel
- Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance Screening Requirements
- Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance Enrollment or Revalidation Process
- Provider Address Changes
- Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance
- Primary Care Rate Increase Program Ending
- Securing and Protection of Health Information
- Reporting Sequestration for Medicare Part C Plans
- Denture Coverage Reminders
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Influenza Vaccines Updates for Vaccines for Children
- Additional Services Available through the MO Tobacco Quitline
- Provider Manuals
- Behavioral Health Cyber Access
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
The MO HealthNet Division provides weekly tips to providers to assist them in receiving timely reimbursement for services provided. As each new tip is posted, existing ones are archived on the same site for easy reference. Please share these weekly tips with your billing staff.