Disaster Recovery Information
The Department of Social Services is committed to supporting the needs and recovery efforts of individuals and families impacted by natural disasters.
The Department of Social Services strongly encourages anyone who suspects child abuse or neglect to call our toll-free hotline at 1-800-392-3738. The Missouri Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline is answered 24-hours a day, every day, all year round.
Family Support Division Resource Centers are located in every county of Missouri and have staff trained to provide assistance and to guide you to other local resources for help.
- Apply for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- What to do if your EBT Card is lost, stolen or damaged?
If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, please call 800-997-7777 to cancel your card or contact the FSD Information Center toll free at 855-FSD-INFO (855-373-4636). A replacement will be mailed to you upon reporting that your card has been lost, stolen or damaged.
- Food Distribution Programs
- Find a food bank near you
Help with Employment or Job Training
If you get Temporary Assistance or SNAP benefits, or are eligible to get these benefits, you may be eligible to get help with job training and finding a job through the SkillUP Program or the Missouri Work Assistance Program. Visit our Employment and Training Programs page to learn more.
Families that are displaced from their homes and in need of child care services may be eligible for help due to being homeless (includes residing in a shelter or staying with relatives or friends). Income guidelines still apply.
- Apply for child care subsidy
- Find a child care provider
- Families who get child care assistance through the Family Support Division and need to change their authorized provider or the amount of child care authorized should call 855-FSD-INFO (855-373-4636).
- Apply for health care coverage
- Information about my MO HealthNet or Managed Care healthcare coverage
Division of Youth Services Families
DYS youth families impacted by natural disasters should contact their assigned Service Coordinator. Families can also contact our central office at 573-751-3324 or email email@example.com