Job Opportunities at DSS
The Department of Social Services is nationally recognized for our progressive leadership in human services. Join a dedicated workforce and use your talents in service to:
- Help Missourians with food stamps, health care, child care, child support and other basic needs as they work to secure and sustain healthy, safe and productive lives
- Ensure the safety and well-being of Missouri children and provide services to families in crisis
- Provide foster care and adoption services for children who are unable to remain safely with their families
- Help persons with visual impairments learn how to live safely and independently and prepare for, find and maintain employment
- Provide rehabilitation services to youth who have broken the law to help them transform their lives and become productive, law-abiding citizens
- Offer support to law enforcement agencies to help protect Missouri's children
- Protect the integrity of public assistance programs by combating fraud, waste and abuse
How to Apply
- Visit MO Careers to view our current job openings
- Organize the list by selecting a column header to sort
- Select the job you are interested in
- Review job details, application instructions, and contact information
- Submit your application and any additional requested information
The Division of Youth Services (DYS) is the nation’s leader in juvenile justice innovation. Our innovative, caring culture enables youth to transform their lives and become productive and law abiding citizens through counseling, treatment, education, and positive youth development.
The Children’s Division provides the widest spectrum of child welfare practice in Missouri, using state of the art methods and tools to support child welfare practitioners and encourage innovation. We are always looking for individuals with a passion and drive to protect children, strengthen families and help them build a better future to join our dedicated team.
DSS Values DiversityDiversity is best expressed as inclusiveness and openness. Diversity is the mosaic of people that are representative of the population we live in and serve, who bring a variety of backgrounds, ideas, styles, perspectives, and beliefs as assets to the groups and organizations with which they interact.
DSS is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. DSS employees, applicants for employment, and contractors are to be treated equitably regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or veteran status.
The Department of Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.