What is the Adoption Information Registry?
The Adoption Information Registry allows adults (age 18 and over) who were adopted in Missouri, biological parents, and/or adult siblings to connect, as long as all parties agree to register.
Information collected for the Adoption Information Registry will include:
- Telephone Number (if applicable)
- Place of Birth
Who can register?
You can register for the Adoption Information Registry if:
- You are an adult (age 18 or older) who was adopted in Missouri
- You are a biological parent of a child released for adoption in Missouri
- You are an adult sibling (age 18 or older) of a child released for adoption in Missouri
How do I register?
Print & Sign
- Print out your registration form, sign it, and seal it in an envelope marked “confidential.”
- If you need a registration form mailed to you, call the Foster Adopt Hotline at (800) 554-2222 or contact your local Children’s Division office.
For the quickest response, email your completed forms to CD.MOAdoptionInfoRegistry@dss.mo.gov
You can also mail them to:
Missouri Children’s Division
Adoption Information Registry
PO Box 88
Jefferson City, MO 65103
What happens after I register?
Once you register, your information will be entered into the Adoption Information Registry, and a search of the registry will be completed.
- If no match is found or if mutual consent is not given, you will receive a letter within three months
- If a possible match is found, there will be an attempt to get consent from all parties involved
- If a full match is found and all parties agree to contact, you will receive identifying information within three months