2021 MO HealthNet Provider Hot Tips
The MO HealthNet Division publishes Hot Tips to supply information to clarify and assist in receiving timely reimbursement for services provided and claims disposition.
MO HealthNet has developed an index for historical and ongoing Hot Tips and a COVID-19 index for associated Hot Tips. The non-COVID-19 index location has not moved; it is also located below for quick reference. Please share these Hot Tips with your billing staff.
2021 Provider Tips Index
Logisticare Solutions, LLC Changes Name to ModivCare Solutions, LLC
January 13, 2021
Effective January 6, 2021, MO HealthNet’s Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) vendor for fee-for-service participants changed its name from LogistiCare Solutions, LLC to ModivCare Solutions, LLC as part of a company rebranding initiative. Modiv is Latin for “way”, and reflects the company’s desire to lead innovation and change in terms of how people connect to care. The new name will not change any of the services provided.
Other changes as part of the rebrand include:
- Company logo and colors
- The way staff answers the phone - for members’ consideration, staff will answer the phone as ModivCare, formerly LogistiCare, for 12 months following the transition.
- Company website - for members’ consideration, the website will reference ModivCare, formerly LogistiCare, for 12 months following the transition.
What is not changing as part of the rebrand:
- Phone numbers and the way clients, members, facilities and transportation providers contact them.
- Their staff will remain the same.
- The way members book their rides online – members will continue to use the same links to schedule their rides as they have been.
ModivCare’s purpose of this rebrand is to shift toward becoming a tech-enabled, value-based healthcare company that will translate into better member experience that delivers consistent, positive healthcare outcomes and leads the industry into a new era.
COVID-19: COVID-19 Testing for participants with Extended/Uninsured Women’s Health Services
January 12, 2021
The MO HealthNet Division is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The virus has been named "SARS-CoV-2" and the disease it causes has been named "coronavirus disease 2019" (abbreviated "COVID-19").
Effective for dates of service on or after March 1, 2020, and through the end of the public health emergency, MO HealthNet will cover COVID-19 testing for participants with Extended/Uninsured Women’s Health Services benefits. Providers who perform other services on the same date as the COVID-19 test for these participants must bill for the COVID-19 tests on a separate claim in order to be reimbursed.