What services are available?
If you are a custodial parent, or the parent your child lives with, the Child Support Program may be able to help you with:
- Locating the other parent
- Identifying the child’s legal father (establishing paternity)
- Setting up and enforcing a child support or medical support order
- Reviewing & changing orders (as needed)
- Requesting a hearing
How do I apply?
If you get Temporary Assistance or Missouri Medicaid (MO HealthNet) benefits, you will automatically be referred to the Child Support program for help. If you do not already get either of these benefits, you will need to apply for child support.
You can also download and print a paper application and send it by mail, email, or fax to:
- Family Support Division
PO Box 6790
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Fax: 573-635-7545
- Email: FSD.CS.Documents@dss.mo.gov
When will my child support or medical case open?
It may take up to 20 business days to process your application. Once your application has been processed, you will get a letter in the mail that let will let you know that your child support case has been opened and your case number.
To check on the status of your application, please call 573-556-3800.
How will I get my support payments?
Your support payments will be sent to you by direct deposit or prepaid card. If you would like your support payments to be directly deposited into your bank account, you can complete a direct deposit form online or you can download and print a paper form and send it back to us at PO Box 109006, Jefferson City, MO 65110-9006.
You can check your child support payment information through the Missouri Automated Child Support System. You will need your case ID and last four digits of your Social Security Number to access your account.
If your support payments come from a state other than Missouri, you will want to reach out to that state for more information.
- Contact Us
- Establish Paternity
- Report a Change or Request a Hearing
- Child Support Payment Information
- smiONE Prepaid Card
- Child Support Brochure (English) (Español)
- Notice of Privacy Practices: Protected Health Information
- Notice of Privacy Practices: Personally Identifiable Information
- Your Rights and Responsibility as a Recipient of Child Support