State Rehabilitation Council Information
- Department: MO Rehabilitation Council for the Blind
- Chairperson: Clay Berry
- Telephone Number: 816-237-2048
- Mailing Address: 7501 Prospect Ave, Kansas City MO 64132
- E-mail Address: CBerry@alphapointe.org
- Authority: Executive Order 93-01
- Length of Term: 3 years; 1 reappointment allowed
- Number of Members: no more than 21 members
- Number of Members Appointed by Governor: 15 members
- Special Membership Requirements: members must represent a Community Rehabilitation Program, business/industry/labor, disability advocacy groups, current or former consumers of the agency, parents of disabled children, a Client Assistance Program, vocational rehabilitation counselors, Missouri Parents Act, Division of Special Education, Workforce Investment Board and the Statewide Independent Living Council; at least 50% of the members must be persons with disabilities.
- Senate Advice and Consent Required: no
- Political Affiliation Required: no
- Geographic Affiliation Required: no
- Compensation: Members receive reimbursement for realized and necessary expenses.
- Board Function: The State Rehabilitation Advisory Council for the Blind gives advice and recommendations to Rehabilitation Services for the Blind, a section of the Family Support Division on all matters pertaining to services available to blind and visually impaired Missourians.
- Number of Meetings Per Year: 4 meetings; committee meetings as needed
- Location of Meetings: varying locations
- Duration of Meetings: 2 days
- Preparation Time Required for Each Meeting: 4 to 8 hours
- Total Average Hourly Time Commitment Per Month: 6 to 8 hours
Program/Policy Committee, Planning Committee, Evaluation Committee, Children’s Education Ad Hoc Committee, Governmental Affairs Committee