What services are available?
The Older Blind Services program helps seniors who have lost or are losing their sight remain in their homes and keep their independence. Our team helps your where you need it most – in your home. They teach you skills and alternative methods for:
- Daily living (laundry, identifying money, identifying medications, coordinating clothing)
- Communication (dialing a phone, telling time, writing checks)
- Counseling and guidance (understanding feelings and fears about visual impairment and learning ways to cope)
- Homemaking (marking appliances and safe meal preparation)
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for help if you:
- Are unable to read newspaper print, with best correction, due to vision loss
- Are 55 years old or older
- Live in Missouri (and intend to remain in Missouri)
- Are a United States citizen or an eligible qualified non-citizen
How do I get help?
Complete these three simple steps to see if you are eligible for help:
- Call 1-800-592-6004 to speak with a team member
- We will reach out to you within 2 weeks to set up an appointment
Meet With Us
- Set up an appointment with an RSB team member
- Work with an RSB team member to fill out an application for services
Low Vision Resource Centers
Low Vision Resource Centers can temporarily loan you supplies for you to use in your own home. Supplies may include, but are not limited to, magnifiers, Closed-Circuit TV’s and high-intensity lamps. To find a Low Vision Center near you, call RSB toll free at 1-800-592-6004.