Child Support Awareness & Outreach Activities
About Child Support Awareness Month
Each August Missouri observes National Child Support Awareness Month. During this time, child support offices and employees recognize the critical role child support plays in the lives of children and the value of both parents contributing to their child's future.
Child Support Awareness Month is also a time to celebrate the progress that has been made with efforts to establish paternity and increase child support collections. These efforts allow children to receive both the emotional and the financial support they need from each of their parents to reach their full potential.
Child Support offices reach out to their surrounding communities by volunteering their time and donating items to community agencies to help Missouri families. These outreach activities take place throughout the year.
How We Help
Along with participating in community events, our staff and local offices work together to give back to their surrounding communities by collecting and donating items. This year local Child Support offices will:
- Raise money to help purchase items needed for the Back to School program
- Participate in a back to school backpack and school supply drive
- Collect jars of peanut butter (each year approximately 4,000 jars are sent home with children)
- Raise money and collect donations to provide children in school with food and supplies
- Clothing drives
Who We Work With
Our staff works with community entities and partners to help make a difference.
- Central Modification Unit
- Jefferson City public Schools
- Ozarks Food Harvest
- St Charles
- Saints Joachim and Anne Care Service
- Delta Area Economic Opportunity Corporation
- West Plains
- Bridges-West Plains
- Cape Girardeau
- United Way of Southeast MO
- The Urban Kids Project
- Salvation Army / ABC Today
- Cape Girardeau Public Schools
- St. Louis Co
- Jennings Public Schools
- St. Louis Affinia Back-To-School Fairs
- Interstate Collections Unit
- Jefferson City Public Schools
- Disability Resource Center