ATTENTION MEDICAID PARTICIPANTS: Beginning April 1, 2023, the Family Support Division will be required to restart annual renewals for MO HealthNet (Missouri Medicaid). We will send you important information in the mail, so please make sure to update your mailing address if you have moved. Learn more about annual renewals and what this means for you on our website.
Manage My Benefit
Let us know if your information (like your address or income) has changed.
Check the status of your MO HealthNet benefit or application.
Types of Coverage
You must apply for MO HealthNet and be approved before you can receive services. Once you are approved, you will get your coverage one of two ways, depending on your age and eligibility:
- Managed Care Program: If your coverage is through a Managed Care health plan, your plan coordinates your care to help you stay healthy. For more information, please review the Managed Care Guide (Su Guía de Managed Care) or the Show Me Healthy Kids Guide (Su Guía de Show Me Healthy Kids).
- Fee-For-Service Program: If your coverage is through Fee-For-Service, you can get services through any health care provider who accepts MO HealthNet. For more information about Fee-For-Service, please review the Participant Handbook.
What happens after I'm approved?
After you are approved, a MO HealthNet ID card will be mailed to you. If you are assigned to a MO HealthNet Managed Care Health Plan, you will also get your health plan card in the mail. You will need to bring all of your healthcare ID cards (including your Medicare card if you have one) to each of your appointments.
Next, you will need to find a health care provider that accepts your MO HealthNet coverage (if you do not already have one):
- If you have a Managed Care health plan, you can search for a provider through your plan
- If you do not have a Managed Care health plan, you need to find a provider that accepts MO HealthNet
If your health care provider does not accept your healthcare coverage, you will need to choose a new provider or a new Managed Care health plan.
NOTE: Members in the Show Me Healthy Kids health plan do not have the option to choose a new health plan. If your health care provider does not accept your health plan, you must either find a new provider or ask your provider to become a MO HealthNet Managed Care provider.
How long will I get healthcare coverage?
You can get healthcare coverage through MO HealthNet as long as you are eligible. You will be required to complete an annual renewal* each year you get MO HealthNet to make sure you are still eligible. Typically your annual renewal will be due around the anniversary of when your MO HealthNet coverage began. For example, if you were approved for MO HealthNet in June, your renewal may be due in June each year. If you do not return your information by the deadline on the form, you may lose your coverage.
*NOTE: Annual renewals were suspended from March 2020 through April 2023 due to the Federal Public Health Emergency. As of April 1, 2023 the Family Support Division is required to begin completing annual renewals again for every Missourian who has healthcare coverage through MO HealthNet (Missouri Medicaid). It is important that you report any changes in your address or contact information so you will get important letters in the mail and not risk losing your coverage. If you or your child has Show Me Healthy Kids and you need to report a change in address or contact information, contact your child's Children's Division case manager or subsidy case manager. If you are a former foster care youth, please email CDMHNQuestions@dss.mo.gov.
What services are covered?
MO HealthNet covers services that help promote long, healthy lives. Services aim to prevent and treat illness and correct or limit disability.
Can I get a ride to my appointments?
If you have an appointment with your healthcare provider and you need a ride, you may be able to get one through Non-Emergency Medical Transportation. To see if you can get a ride, you will need to contact your Managed Care health plan. If you have MO HealthNet through the Fee-For-Service Program, please call the NEMT vendor at 1-866-269-5927. You will need to call at least 3 days before your appointment to arrange a ride (unless you need to go to urgent care or are being discharged from the hospital).
- If you have questions about your health plan, covered services, or your plan’s health care providers, you should contact your health plan
- If you need help with changing your health plan, call 1-800-348-6627
- If you have questions about your premium, spend down, or your bill, call 1-800-392-2161
- If you are interested in sharing feedback about your healthcare services, consider joining the MO HealthNet Member Forum
- Advocates for Family Health
- Covered Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Verification Documents
- How to Report Changes for MO HealthNet (English) (Espanol)
- Health Resources
- Help Quitting Smoking
- Helpful Contact Information
- How to Appoint an Authorized Representative (English) (Español)
- Know Your Rights
- Opting Out of Managed Care
- Premiums for Tribe Members
- Private Duty Nursing for Children
- What is an Annual Review? (English) (Español)
- MO ABLE flyer (English) (Español)