What services are available?

If you are the non-custodial parent, or the parent the child does not live with, we may be able to help you with:

Pay Child Support

You can make a child support payment by calling 888-761-3665 or you can:


How long will my current support order last?

This will depend on what is decided in court. You will be required to pay the amount due for your support order each month until the court rules otherwise. Your support order may end when/if:

  • The child gets married
  • The child dies
  • The child joins active military duty
  • The custodial parent has stopped supporting the child because the child can now support themselves
  • The child turns 18 if they do not continue their education (unless the child is mentally or physically impaired)
  • The child turns 21 if they continue their education past high school

If you believe your child no longer needs support, please call 866-313-9960 for help.

Can I change my support order?

You will have the chance to ask the Family Support Division to review or change your child support order every 3 years. If it has been less than 3 years since your order was last reviewed, you can still request a change if you have a specific reason or circumstance.

To request a review, you will need to mail or fax a written request:

Family Support Division
PO Box 6790
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Fax: 573-635-7545

What happens to my support payment if I have more than one support order?

If you are ordered to pay more than one support order, your payment will be distributed as follows:

  • If your payment is enough to cover all of your current support orders, the correct payment will go to each current support order
  • If your payment is not enough to cover all of your current support orders, the payment will be divided amongst all of the orders based off how much is owed (the order with the largest support amount will get the largest share of the payment)
  • If you pay more than the amount of current support owed for all orders, the extra payment amount will be credited to any past-due support owed on any or all orders
    • The amount credited to past-due support will be divided among all of the orders based on the amount that is past-due
    • The support order you owe the most on will get the largest share of your extra payment