Gateway to Better Health Waiver
Approved on July 28, 2010, the "Gateway to Better Health" Demonstration Project aims to preserve access to ambulatory care for low-income, uninsured individuals in St. Louis City and County. The Demonstration project transitioned to a coverage model on July 1, 2012.
This Demonstration Project and the funding mechanisms that preceded it have been critical to maintaining and improving access to health care for uninsured individuals in St. Louis City and County since the closure of the city's last remaining public hospital in 1997. The program is designed to provide primary, urgent, and specialty care coverage to uninsured adults (not eligible through the Medicaid State Plan) in St. Louis City and County, aged 19-64, who are below 133% of the FPL, through a coverage model known as Gateway to Better Health Blue.
Additionally, individuals otherwise meeting the same requirements but with income up to 200% of the FPL may be enrolled into Gateway to Better Health Silver coverage, which includes urgent and specialty care services but excludes the primary care benefit.
- 09/30/2019 - Gateweay to Better Health - Public Notice and Draft Amendment Request
- 03/12/2019 - Gateway to Better Health - 2019 Post-Award Public Notice and Annual report
- 07/31/2018 - Public Notice for Gateway to Better Health Section 1115 Demonstration Project to Add a Substance Use Treatment Benefit
- Public Notice: Draft Gateway to Better Health Demonstration Amendment Request
- 05/01/2018 - Gateway to Better Health –Post-Award Public Notice
- 9/23/2016 - Gateway Extension Request to State for September 2016
- 9/23/2016 - Gateway Extension Request to State for September 2016 - Appendices
- 9/23/2016 - Public Notice for Gateway to Better Health Section 1115 Demonstration Project
- 2016 Gateway to Better Health Post-Award Notice
- Public Notice: Gateway Extension Request
- Gateway Extension Request CY17
- Gateway Extension Request CY17 - Appendices
- Public Hearing: Gateway to Better Health Section 1115 Demonstration Project