What is the Missouri Alternatives to Abortion Services Program?
The Alternatives to Abortion Program offers services to help women carry their unborn child to term instead of having an abortion. This program also helps support women after making this choice by finding resources to help with caring for a child or by helping women learn more about adoption, if they choose.
What services are available?
Help through the Alternatives to Abortion program is available during a woman’s pregnancy through the child’s first birthday. Services are free and include:
- Adoption assistance
- Case management
- Child care and infant care
- Domestic abuse protection
- Drug and alcohol testing and treatment
- Educational services
- Establishing and promoting responsible paternity
- Parenting skills
- Food, clothing and supplies related to pregnancy, newborn care and parenting
- Housing and utilities
- Job training and placement
- Prenatal care and ultrasound services
- Medical and mental health care
Who is eligible?
You may be able to get help if you:
- Are a woman who would like to carry your child to term instead of having an abortion
- Live in Missouri
- Make less than 185% of the federal poverty level based on your latest tax filing
How do I get help?
You can reach out to any agency that helps in your county to get started. Please select your county below to find out who to contact for help.
If you have questions about the Alternatives for Abortion Program or you would like a copy of information, you can call 573-751-7027 or email DFAS.A2APrograms@dss.mo.gov. If you need to mail us something, please send it to:
Alternatives to Abortion Program
P.O. Box 1082
Jefferson City, MO 65102
You can also reach out to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services’ Maternal and Child Health Information and Referral Line at 1-800-TEL-LINK (1-800-835-5465) or firstname.lastname@example.org.