Your Rights and Responsibilities
We appreciate you opening your heart and homes to children in need. We are here to offer information to assist, support, and connect you to the training and resources you need throughout your foster care journey.
For more information about the rights and responsibilities of a foster parent, please review:
As a foster parent you are required to complete initial training, continuing training, and provide on-going support to help meet the needs of the foster youth population. Every year, Foster Parents are required to review the following documents:
- Anti-Depressant & Anti-Anxiety Medication Use in Children
- Anti-Psychotic & Mood Stabilizers Medication Use in Children
- Making Healthy Choices: A Guide on Psychotropic Medications for Youth in Foster Care
- Supporting Youth in Foster Care in Making Healthy Choices
- Treatment of ADHD in Children and Adolescents
- Grief & Loss Coping Strategies
Foster Parent Tools
Meet with a local group for support and guidance.
Learn how to request reimbursements & the type of expenses that qualify.